Your Committee has been closely monitoring the events with COVID-19.

We are taking the advice by experts very seriously, and agree that we need to do whatever we can to address this pandemic.  We do not see this being resolved in the near future – the advice from the UN Secretary General to the G20 summit on 27 March 2020 puts the picture very clearly:

“It took the world three months to reach 100,000 confirmed cases of infection.  The next 100,000 happened in just 12 days.  The third took four days.  The fourth took one and a half days.”

This has led us to make some decisions about our 2020 competition year.

We have agreed that all of us have other more important matters to attend to during this pandemic, the safety and wellness of ourselves and our loved ones being the most important.

We want you to know that your Club will be managed responsibly, despite the impact of the pandemic.

  • We will continue our Committee meetings until further notice by phone hookup.
  • We have also arranged with ARG for Bathurst 2020 to be rescheduled to Easter 2021 and all entrants have been contacted.
  • We are keeping our major sponsor, AnglomOil, up-to-date.
  • We have cancelled the Round 2 event which was to be held on April 18-19.
  • We have suspended the production of trophies until further notice.
  • Given the predictions about COVID-19, we will make decisions about future rounds at least one month before each Round.  For Round 3, scheduled for June 6-7, we will decide this at our May Committee meeting.
  • We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 issue and will make decisions about other Rounds (4, 5 and 6 and the Sydney Master Blast) at later Committee meetings.
  • General Meetings will be suspended until further notice, and the Race numbers auction will be rescheduled for later in the year.

Please stay safe and secure during these challenging times.