“We have also committed to a price freeze on all Speed and Junior licences.
“The changes to the expiration dates also allow us to move National and Clubman licences on to a more regular renewal cycle, meaning that renewals can be processed every quarter, instead of every month as is the case now. This will ensure our membership team can perform as efficiently as possible, making the annual renewal of a licence as simple as possible for members and reducing any delays.”
All licence holders will also be given the opportunity to utilise a buy one, get one free Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships General Admission ticket for the round of their choice in 2020 or 2021.
The changes approved by the Board are as follows:
- All Junior and Speed licences to be subject to a price freeze until 31 December, 2021;
- All National and Clubman licence holders whose licence has
- expired in the period from 1 January to 31 March 2020, and have yet to renew, will be extended to 30 June, 2020
- an upcoming expiry in April, May or June 2020 will have their expiry date extended to 30 September, 2020
- an upcoming expiry in July, August and September 2020 will have their expiry dates extended to 31 December, 2020
- an upcoming expiry in October, November and December 2020 will have their expiry dates extended to 31 March, 2021
- an upcoming expiry in January, February and March 2021 will have their expiry dates extended to 30 June, 2021
Speed licence holders will also receive a $25 Motorsport Australia estore voucher valid for 12 months if they renew prior to 30 June 2020.
Papadopoulos added that “we looked at a number of options and determined that allowing members to delay their renewal and then obtain an extension was the fairest outcome”.
The above changes to expiry dates will come into effect on 1 May, 2020.
Anyone with queries can contact the Motorsport Australia hotline, which is still available via phone on 1300 883 959 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org